Reservoir Beach - Picnic Area #1
Facility Area Information
Log In to Request
Arlington, MA 02474
Phone: (781) 316-3880
|Summer 2020 Covid-19 Update
Reservoir Beach is closed for the 2020 summer season.
Unfortunately, due to Covid-19 and construction delays, we will not be opening Reservoir Beach. We plan to open the area as open space for outdoor passive recreation. Swimming is not allowed.
The Thompson/North Union Spray Park will open July 1 and remain free to the public but will be a supervised facility this summer with limited capacity and new safety protocols.
Thank you for your understanding - we'll see you next summer!
|Summer Beach/Swim Parties
Book your next summer time party or family gathering at Reservoir Beach!
Groups larger than 50 people and corporate/private events should submit a Special Event Request Form.
- Parties are for 2-hour time slots that include set up and clean up.
- Reservations are $125 and include admission for 20 guests (and up to 10 chaperones). After 20 guests, you are charged on a $5/pp basis.
- Hosts and guests have use of picnic tables, playground, beach for swimming and grassy area for games. (Please note: Picnic Area #1 and Picnic Area #2 are not "assigned" but selected based on first come, first serve.)
- You are free to bring in any simple food, but there is no access to refrigerator, microwave, sink or electricity.
- Grilling/Open flames are not allowed.
|Reservations are booked with payment only. To make a reservation request:
- View Reservoir Beach Calendar below for availability. Two parties are allowed for each time slot (Picnic Area# 1 and Picnic Area #2).
- Log into your household account (or create one) and submit a "reserve" request.
- You will receive an emailed response with "approved" or "declined".
- If your request is approved, your day/time will be held for 24-48 hours. Please call 781-316-3880 to confirm and pay. Holds will automatically expire without payment.
- Print a Reservoir Beach Party Guest Roster. The completed form should be left at the check-in desk the day of your party.
|Important! We welcome parties and organized groups/camps. However, all parties & groups must submit an online request. PLEASE NOTE REQUESTS ARE NOT CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS. Reservations are approved and confirmed with payment only by calling Rec office at 781-316-3880. Beach gate staff cannot accept or approve reservations.
|During the off-season (roughly September - May), the park is open to the public and may be permitted for events and parties. During the off-season, access to the water is not permitted and there are no bathrooms available. The rate is $25/hour for residents and $50/hour for non-residents. If you are interested in reserving in the off-season, please submit a request for "Reservoir Beach", not one of the picnic areas.
|Summer time parties are $125 for 2 hours and include the use of 2 picnic tables and admission for 20 guests (and up to 10 chaperones). Additional guests are admitted on a $5/pp basis
Two parties are booked for each time slot (Picnic Area #1 and Picnic Area #2). For larger parties (up to 50 people) both areas may be rented but tables cannot be moved.
- Weekends/Holidays: 11:00am - 1:00pm, 1:30pm-3:30pm or 4:00pm-6:00pm.
- Fridays: 4:30pm - 6:30pm.
Click on an activity name for details or the date for the activity schedule.
There are no activities happening on the selected dates.