Kid Care Afterschool: PROGRAM 2017-18
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Arlington Recreation Dept. is proud to offer this licensed, extended-day program for children in Grades K – 5. Arlington Kid Care, which is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care, follows the Arlington Public School calendar with the following exceptions: it is not open when school closes at mid-day for a vacation period or closes early because of bad weather. Early release days are included as long as you are registered for the respective day.
2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR
For the 2018-19 school year, the Kid Care Afterschool program will move back to the Gibbs School. Registration will be open to CURRENT Kid Care Families starting 1/24/2018. Registration for new families will open 2/9/18 if space is available. For details, check out the Kid Care Program 2018-19 page.
- Our Program will temporarily be run in the Thompson School Modular Classrooms for the 2017-18 school year while the Gibbs Building is under construction. We currently accept students from Brackett, Dallin, Stratton, Hardy and Thompson. Transportation is provided from these schools.
- There is a 5-day, 4-day, 3-day and a 2-day/week option. (There is a 2-day minimum.)
- Hurry - Enrollment is limited.
- The program begins the first day of the school year.
- These programs are not in session when Arlington Public Schools are closed.
- Please note that Kid Care includes all early release days for public schools throughout the year.
- Arlington Kid Care is in operation 5 days a week from the end of the school day until 6 pm.
- Students from all grades will do some activities together.
- There is time for playing sports and games, music and drama, weekly science experiments, arts and crafts, a quiet space for homework, and a caring staff.
- Students will also have electives to choose from throughout the year.
- Currently, we are accepting students from Brackett, Dallin, Stratton, Thompson and Hardy. Transportation is provided from these schools at the end of the school day.
- Students must register for the entire year.
What are the Fees for 2017-18?
- $125 non-refundable Registration Fee (see link below). $100 of registration fee will be applied to first month's tuition.
- 5 days/week at $463 month.
- 4 days/week at $370/month.
- 3 days/week at $309/month.
- 2 days/week at $208/month. (2 day minimum)
Please note: The first month's tuition will automatically be charged on May 1 and is non-refundable. Withdrawals or changes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to this date.
How do I sign up?
The Kid Care Afterschool Program for 2017-18 is currently FULL.
Please click on the Waitlist link below to be added to the waitlist.
- May 1 - First month's tuition will be charged to credit card on file.
What is the Billing Process?
All Kid Care Families are REQUIRED to have a credit card on file for automatic monthly billing when the registration is submitted (see FORM below). Tuition is broken down evenly into 10 payments. The first payment, due at the time of registration, is for the first month. Subsequent monthly payments will begin Sept. 15 for the remaining nine months. Payments are automatically withdrawn on or after the 15th of the prior month. The first month's tuition will automatically be charged (minus the $100 deposit) on May 1 and is non-refundable. If you need to change or withdraw from the program, please contact us by that date. After that, starting for October, changes or withdrawals need to be submitted to email@example.com by the 15th of the prior month.
For 2016-17 School Year
Please call office at 781-316-3880 to check availability before registering.
- For more information on the program or to report your child's absence for the day, please contact Kid Care at 413-370-2476 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For registration/billing questions, or to change your child's registration, please contact Linda at the Recreation Department at 781-316-3883 (email@example.com).
- For the Arlington Recreation Department or the Recreation Director, Jon Marshall, please call 781-316-3880 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Additional Forms and Files: