Kid Care Afterschool: PROGRAM 2016-17
• Register •
Arlington Recreation Dept. is proud to offer this newly-licensed, extended-day program for children in Grades K – 5. Arlington Kid Care, which is licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care, follows the Arlington Public School calendar with the following exceptions: it is not open when school closes at mid-day for a vacation period or closes early because of bad weather. Early release days are included as long as you are registered for the respective day.
- Our Program is offered at the Gibbs School, located at 41 Foster Street, and will include students from each of the seven elementary schools, St. Agnes and the Covenant School.
- There is a 5-day, 4-day, 3-day and a 2-day/week option.
- Hurry - Enrollment is limited.
- The program begins the first day of the school year.
- These programs are not in session when Arlington Public Schools are closed.
- Please note that Kid Care includes all early release days for public schools throughout the year.
- Arlington Kid Care is in operation 5 days a week from the end of the school day until 6 pm.
- Students from all grades will do some activities together.
- There is time for playing sports and games, music and drama, weekly science experiments, arts and crafts, a quiet space for homework, and a caring staff.
- Students will also have electives to choose from throughout the year.
- Students must register for the entire year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will There Be Transportation?
Transportation is provided for students.How Do I Sign Up?
- First sign up for the Kid Care Membership/Registration and pay the $25 enrollment fee (see link below). By July 1, a family should register for the Kid Care Program and choose 2, 3, 4 or 5 days a week for the entire school year and pay the first month's tuition.
- Participants must be enrolled in the Kid Care program, have filed their paperwork, and paid the $25 registration fee and the first month's tuition payment before attending the Arlington Kid Care Program
For 2016-17 School Year
Please call office at 781-316-3880 to check availability. The first payment for the month of September is due by July 1st and all subsequent payments will be due by the 15th of the prior month.
What Are the Fees for 2016-17?
- 5 days/week at $445/month
- 4 days/week at $358/month (The days must be identified at registration)
- 3 days/week at $300/month (The days must be identified at registration)
- 2 days/week at $204/month (The days must be identified at registration)
- A $25 non-refundable registration fee is due upon registration.
What is the Billing Process?
All Kid Care Families are REQUIRED to have a credit card on file for automatic monthly billing prior to starting the program. Tuition is broken down into 10 payments. The first payment, due at the time of registration, is for September. Subsequent monthly payments will begin Sept. 15 for the remaining nine months.
If someone withdraws from the program after July 1 for the upcoming year, one month’s payment is forfeited.
Additional Forms and Files:
Registration is only available from 12/29/2015 to 07/01/2016
Kid Care, 2016-2017
K - 5
09/01/2016 - 06/20/2017
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Final Schedule TBD once 2016-17 Arlington Public School Calendar approved.