This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Arlington recreation in conjunction with Optimum Cheer is offering an all-star cheerleading program for the 2012/2013 season open to athletes ages 7-18. All star cheering is a competitive cheer squad that does not cheer at games or for other teams. We cheer for ourselves!!!
- All athletes will be placed on a team and will attend competitions where they will be competing against other squads from their same division.
- Optimum Cheer provides a safe, fun, and competitive environment where athletes can learn all aspects of cheer form motions to stunting, jumping and tumbling.
- We promote teamwork and dedication with a strong focus on family.
- Athletes will be guided in proper athletic training techniques and nutrition.
- Our season begins after Labor Day and continues until memorial Day.
- Practices will be held at the Gibbs Gym in East Arlington which hosts a full 7 strip mat that meets the guidelines established by the MIAA, which governs Massachusetts high school cheerleading, and NCAA, which governs college cheerleading nationally.
- Optimum will practice and compete only on weekends, as we realize your children may participate in other sports and activities. This, also, allows for more focus on homework and school during the week.
- The coaching staff will be comprised of level 5 USASF stunting, tumbling, and toss coaches who have, collectively, brought home over 50 national championship titles as coaches and athletes.
- All tumbling instructors are USGF certified gymnastics coaches.
- Tanya Dall, who has 34 years of coaching/cheering experience will be directing this program.
Schedule & Fee Info
- Practice and Competition Times: Weekends only
- Choreography: August 13-17, 9am-3pm at The Gibbs Gym
- Deposit: $50 (covers Septembers tuition)
- Monthly Tuition: $50 per month This price includes 4 hours of, on mat, practice per week that includes tumbling instruction at each practice.
- Additional Fees: Choreography, music, uniform, and competition fees.